COACHES’ CODE OF CONDUCT
(Click here for printable version)
1. I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for all children participating in youth sports by following this Code of Conduct.
2. I will place the emotional and physical wellbeing of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
3. I will never degrade or humiliate a player for any reason.
4. I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the wide range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
5. I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
6. I will do my best to provide practices that are fun and challenging.
7. I will lead by example, demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship.
8. I will be knowledgeable in the rules of youth soccer and I will teach these rules to my players.
9. I will request help from the SSA if I need to learn skills to teach my players.
10. I will remember that the game is for children, not adults.
11. I will give all my players a fair amount of playing time.
12. I will be certain to have all registration and/or medical forms and emergency contact numbers with me at all team functions, including practices and games.
13. I will bring any problems with or concerns about parents, players, referees, or the league to the attention of the SSA Board or one of its members.